I’ll put it simply: bamboo baby pajamas are where it’s at. Once you get your hands on a pair, I promise you will understand the hype! Not only are they uber soft, but they are gentle and hypoallergenic for little babies with sensitive skin. Read on for the benefits of this material, and some of our favorite brands!
I am willing to bet that once you start putting your kiddies in bamboo clothing, you won’t want to put them in much else. There’s just something about the buttery softness that makes your babies THAT much more edible, if that’s even possible.
While good bamboo baby pajamas are on the pricey side, they are somehow worth it. I remember when I was shopping for my first baby, I gave major side eyes when I saw that a tiny pair of footies could run me $30-35. But once I got my hands on some, I was like I GET IT. Call me bougie, but they’re just too good.
I will preface by saying that there is nothing wrong with shopping cheaper and choosing different fabrics. Do you boo boo, to each their own! I don’t exclusively buy bamboo myself. This round-up is simply to share the wonderful world of bamboo baby pajamas and to point you toward some of your best options if you are in the market for a set or six!
What are the Benefits of Bamboo Baby Pajamas?
Bamboo is an ideal material for baby clothing for many reasons, such as:
- Softness and Comfort: Bamboo fabric is incredibly soft and gentle against a baby’s delicate skin. It has a smooth texture, similar to silk or cashmere, which makes it comfortable for babies to wear.
- Hypoallergenic: Bamboo fabric is naturally hypoallergenic and is less likely to cause irritation or allergic reactions. Babies have sensitive skin or are prone to allergies, so it is especially helpful for this reason.
- Moisture-wicking and Breathable: It has excellent moisture-wicking properties, meaning it can absorb and evaporate moisture quickly. This helps to keep babies dry and comfortable by regulating their body temperature and preventing overheating.
- Thermal Regulation: Bamboo fabric has natural temperature-regulating properties, making it suitable for both warm and cold climates. It helps keep babies cool in hot weather by wicking away moisture and providing breathability, while also providing insulation in cooler temperatures.
- Antibacterial and Odor-resistant: Bamboo contains a natural antimicrobial agent called “bamboo kun,” which helps to inhibit the growth of bacteria, fungi, and odors. This property keeps baby clothes fresher for longer and reduces the risk of bacterial infections.
- UV Protection: It has UV protection, blocking a significant amount of harmful ultraviolet rays from the sun. This feature is beneficial for babies, as their sensitive skin is more susceptible to sunburns and sun damage.
- Sustainable and Eco-friendly: It’s a highly sustainable and renewable resource. It grows rapidly without the need for pesticides or fertilizers and requires minimal water compared to other crops. Additionally, bamboo fabric production uses a closed-loop process, where chemicals are recycled, minimizing environmental impact.
- Durable: Despite its softness, bamboo fabric is surprisingly durable and long-lasting. It can withstand repeated washing and maintain its shape and quality over time, making it a practical choice for baby clothes.
It’s worth noting that not all bamboo fabrics are created equal, as different manufacturing processes can affect the final product. When choosing bamboo baby clothes, look for reputable brands that use organic and non-toxic processing methods to ensure the highest quality and safety for your little one.
Best Bamboo Baby Pajamas
Kyte Baby is largely considered the crème de la crème of bamboo baby pajamas. They are buttery soft and delicious, and they come in a wide variety of beautiful colors. They are my personal favorite – I wish I could buy one of everything! Kyte doesn’t sell patterns, just solid colors, so this brand is more for the minimalist mama.
Footie pajamas come with either zippers or snaps (team zippers for life), and they also offer bamboo sleep sacks which are amazing and uncommon. If you’re looking for the best sleepwear for babies, this brand may be for you.
Shop Kyte Baby here.
Little Sleepies sells some amazing baby pjs, or “zippies,” commonly known for their cute and unique patterns. If you’re looking for bright, fun, and unique… I’m talking to you! Mamas love to buy matching sets for all of their kids, and you’ll see why when you see all of the options available. With almost 6,000 reviews averaging 4.9 stars, there’s no surprise that parents continuously recommend this brand to their friends.
Little Sleepies calls their proprietary Lunaluxe™ fabric “what dreams are made of,” stating that it was created with the whole family in mind. It’s a custom-milled blend of bamboo viscose, creating a cloud soft touch that is great for sensitive skin.
Shop Little Sleeps here.
Caden Lane was the first “fancy” baby brand that I heard of a first-time mama-to-be, and was the first I bought from. I got a gender neutral sleep sack for our pregnancy announcement and loved it so much that I followed up with some jammies too.
They sell both knotted gowns and zipper footie pajamas for whatever stage of babyhood you are in. They even have many options for personalizing your print with your baby’s name, which is perfect for announcing their arrival!
Shop Caden Lane here.
If you appreciate a company that gives back, Free Birdees pledges 1% of their annual sales to the preservation of the planet! On top of giving back, they make a great product. Their bamboo baby pajama patterns are hand-drawn designs that certainly wow.
One reviewer said: “Recently purchased 3 Free Birdies Footie one piece jams for my granddaughter!! Absolutely my favorite bamboo pjs EVER. Incredibly soft, cutest prints and the fit and features are wonderful!! Can’t wait for our 2nd order to arrive.”
Of note: some customers recommend sizing up!
Shop Free Birdees here.
Goumi has a variety of pajama options, including short sleeve, zipper jumpsuits, gowns, and footies. Some of the footie pajamas even have a matching robe for mama, which makes for a great hospital or at-home set!
While Goumi is a bit more expensive than some other options on this list, you can count on them being of quality, made with both bamboo and cotton (70-30).
Shop Goumi here.
Are bamboo clothes worth the price?
In my opinion, completely. They’re breathable, they keep your baby comfortable, they protect against skin sensitivities, and they feel great on baby’s skin. But it’s a personal choice based on budget and circumstances. If your child has sensitive skin and you’re dealing with rashes, this pj option could be an excellent option for you.
You may also like:
The Best Postpartum Diapers for Post-Delivery